The Institute for Programming research and Algorithmics (IPA) is a KNAW recognised national inter-university research school. Its principal goal is to educate researchers in the field of programming research and algorithmics; this research field comprises:
the study and development of formalisms, methods, and techniques to design, analyse, and construct software systems and components.
- IPA strongly encourages IPA PhD students and staff members to attend ICT.OPEN 2020 on Tuesday March 17th and Wednesday March 18th at MartiniPlaza, Groningen. To this end, IPA sponsors registration (which includes hotel from March 17th to 18th) for IPA staff and students.
- The IPA Course on Software Engineering course was held 27–31 January 2020, and is composed of four course days followed by participation in VERSEN‘s SEN Symposium in Amsterdam on Friday 31 January 2020. Speakers for the course were Jeroen Fokker and Jurriaan Hage (UU), Tijs van der Storm (CWI and RUG), Michel Chaudron (Chalmers and University of Gothenburg), and Pekka Aho (OU). Details.
- The IPA Fall Days 2019 on Legacy and Evolution were held at Hotel De Wageningsche Berg, 28 October–1 November 2019. The complete schedule, including all speakers, most of the talk abstracts, and more details is available here.
- Moritz Beller and Tim Ophelders both received the award for the best IPA dissertation of 2018; Moritz for his thesis An Empirical Evaluation of Feedback-Driven Software Development, Tim for his thesis Continuous Similarity Measures for Curves and Surfaces.
Moritz was able to attend and give a keynote talk at the IPA Fall Days in late October 2019 where he was presented with the award certificate.
- 17th Mar – 18th Mar, 2020. ICT.OPEN 2020. Martiniplaza. Read More…