The Institute for Programming research and Algorithmics (IPA) is a national inter-university research school. Its principal goal is to educate researchers in the field of programming research and algorithmics; this research field comprises:
the study and development of formalisms, methods, and techniques to design, analyse, and construct software systems and components.
- 26th May – 26th May , 2021 . IPAndemic afternoon Wednesday May 26th 2021. . . Read More…
- 22nd Apr 2021 , Pouria Derakhshanfar. Carving Information Sources to Drive Search-based Crash Reproduction and Test Case Generation. Delft University of Technology. Read More…
- 10th May 2021 , Alexander Bentkamp. Superposition for Higher-Order Logic. Free University Amsterdam. Read More…
- The call for nominations for the IPA Dissertation Award 2020 for best IPA dissertation published in 2020 has been opened. The call closed March 31st. We expect the winner(s) to be announced in June.
- The Software Engineering Nederland (SEN) symposium 2021 will take place in the afternoons of Thursday 18th and Friday 19th February 2021. The event will be fully virtual. IPA strongly recommends IPA PhD students (and staff) to attend the SEN Symposium, which in previous editions also formed one course day of IPA’s Software Engineering course week. Please register by February 17th. Registration is free.
- ICT.open 2021 was held online, in the morning and until mid-afternoon on Wednesday 10th and February 11th 2021. More than 500 scientists from all ICT research disciplines and from ICT industry came together to learn from each other, to share ideas and to expand their network.
- Sándor Kisfaludi-Bak wins the award for the best IPA dissertation of 2019, for his thesis ETH-Tight Algorithms for Geometric Network Problems. Sándor will receive the award certificate and give a keynote at a suitable IPA event.
- Unfortunately, the Covid-19 crisis prevented ICT.OPEN 2020 from happening.
- The IPA Course on Software Engineering course was held 27–31 January 2020, and was composed of four course days followed by participation in VERSEN‘s SEN Symposium in Amsterdam on Friday 31 January 2020. Details.
- The IPA Fall Days 2019 on Legacy and Evolution were held at Hotel De Wageningsche Berg, 28 October–1 November 2019. The complete schedule, including all speakers, most of the talk abstracts, and more details is available here.